Monday, September 29, 2008

Tanishka

Feature author - February 2008
Tanishka
Tanishka, (director of Star of Ishtar) one of Australia’s leading authorities on ancient women’s wisdom & traditions was initiated into Women’s Mysteries during a year long vision quest in the Otway ranges. She has spent the last 12 years pioneering a range of empowering services & products for women, such as rite of passage ceremonies, lunar women’s circles, readings, retreats, seminars & courses.
For further information visit www.starofishtar.com
‘When sleeping women wake…mountains move.’ Ancient Chinese proverb.

THE INNER GODDESS MAKEOVER by Tanishka
Experience the true power of your feminine essence
Unlike the quick fix exterior makeovers that fade when you take a shower, this insightful and life-affirming journey of self-discovery will empower your feminine sense of sense for a lifetime. Presented as seven steps to meet and understand the seven universal feminine aspects, The Inner Goddess Makeover combines ancient women’s wisdom with fun experiential processes, interesting facts and candid autobiographical accounts, making it ideal for girls & women of all ages who wish to fulfil their feminine potential. A compelling read which reveals fundamental truths about our experience of womanhood and begs the question,
Why wasn’t I told this earlier?’

Tanishka visited Eltham Library on Tuesday 19 February @ 7.00pm. Click here to access a podcast of the event . Warning: podcast main contain some coarse language

Author Interview

Tanishka's answers to the Yarra Plenty Regional Library 5 quick questions

Q. Can you tell us why you became an author?

I just felt compelled to get this information out to as many women as possible, given the life-changing impact it had upon my own psyche, in terms of how I viewed myself as a woman.

Q. What is your all time favourite book? How would you describe it to other readers?

It's so hard to choose just one! Probably 'The Mists of Avalon' by Marion Zimmer Bradley which portrays the Arthurian legend of King Arthur through the eyes of the priestesses trained at the ancient mystery school, Avalon. It offers readers an opportunity to step into a world of mysticism & tradition now long forgotten but which resonated within my being as deep truth which in turn helped me to reclaim & reaffirm an aspect of myself not readily recognized or understood within our modern western culture.

I also love Isabelle Allende's work, the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling & The Bear's Picnic by Jan & Stan Berenstain which always makes me belly laugh when I read it to my 4 year old daughter.

Q. Where or from who have you been inspired or given ideas?

I was inspired to pursue ancient women's wisdom after meeting Jennifer Powell in 1996, a local artist in the Otways who first brought mythology to life by revealing how the plots illuminated my own internal dramas enacted by my inner landscape of psychological archetypes. I am continually inspired by the synchronicity I experience every day as I interact with the many varied expressions of Great Mystery, including the fascinating people who I'm blessed to have cross my path!

Q. What is something fun from your childhood that you can remember about yourself?

I made up a character called Goofuf Gorilla who was a smug alpha male show off who always got things wrong. (I wanted to be like Ronnie Barker when I grew up.) Complete with my gorilla face & gibberish voon language I entertained my sister when we were supposed to be asleep with my country & western style parodies using an electric torch as a microphone while jumping

up & down on my bed naked trying to get looks from passing motorists.

Q. What advice would you give to new writers?

Wow, don't be discouraged when it comes to finding a publisher & secondly, make sure the publishing contract spells out the publisher's obligations in terms of how they will market & distribute your work as there are so many sharks out there capitalizing on first time authors, desperate to get their work published. I also believe that every creative child has a gestation

period just like a physical child which cannot be rushed so just keep affirming that your manuscript will see the light of day at the perfect time even if that doesn't fit with your ego's timeline!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online